Saturday 19 July 2014

The Art of Living

The Art of Living

It is impossible to see how good work might be accomplished by people who think that our life in this world either signifies nothing or has only a negative significance. If, on the other hand, we believe that we are living souls, God's dust and God's breath, acting our parts among other creatures all made of the same dust and breath as ourselves; and if we understand that we are free, within the obvious limits of moral human life, to do evil or good to ourselves and to the other creatures-then all our acts have a supreme significance. If it is true that we are living souls and morally free, then all of us are artists. -Wendell Berry
I will stay a day longer
I believe in the basic goodness of the experience of being alive. This feeling of inner zest for living, this spiritual awareness that my life is meant for me, and this gratitude that I feel in my heart for the life I have been given blow past any inner doubt; they cancel out all the rest. I am connected to the grand play, to the mystery, to the simple yet profound awareness that I am alive for another day. I am here to be all of who I am, I am a co-creator of my universe. I align myself with the creative forces of this alive and ever-evolving world. My life has meaning, I am a part of the stream of life; I am here, alive and willing to do my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment