Saturday 19 July 2014

Reversing Roles

Reversing Roles

If there is any great secret of success in life, it lies in the ability to put yourself in the other person's place and to see things from his point of view- as well as your own. -Henry Ford
I can see things from another person's point of view
I will consciously reverse roles with another person today. I will stand in their shoes and look through their eyes. I will think, imagine, and place myself sincerely in another person's place as much as is possible, seeing things, for a moment, from their perspective. When I do this I am much better able to understand how to act toward and with someone. Reversing roles consciously is not the same as getting lost in someone else's head. I know that I am momentarily leaving the safe and familiar confines of my own mind in order to gain a deeper understanding of another person. And then I come back to me, with a greater understanding of them, myself, and the dynamic between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment