Saturday 19 July 2014

Shifting My Inner Awareness

Shifting My Inner Awareness

Forgive and forget is a myth. You may never forget AND you can choose to forgive. As life goes on and you remember, then is the time to once again remember that you have already forgiven. Mentally forgive again if necessary, then move forward. When we allow it, time can dull the vividness of the memory of the hurt; the memory will fade. -Larry Jones
I meet my inner world honestly and with integrity
Forgiveness doen't require erasing my memories. I can forgive and remember. And I can forgive over and over and over again. I need to forgive myself and others for being human, for living slowly, for our collective ignorance, so that I can enjoy my day unencumbered by tiny thoughts of judgment, control, and revenge. Today I recognize forgiveness as the quickest road to freedom and serenity. When I forgive my past, I release myself from the grip that it has on my present and on my future. It is difficult to live in peace today if I am psychically engaged in yesterday's battles. I will do what I need to do today to fully process the issues in my life that remain unresolved, so that I can let them go, knowing that the resentment and pain I continue to possess against another person actually possesses me.

No comments:

Post a Comment