Saturday 19 July 2014

Personal Change

Personal Change

The changes in our life must come from the impossibility to live otherwise than according to the demands of our conscience not from our mental resolution to try a new form of life.-Leo Tolstoy
I am constantly changing the more self aware I become
My impulses for change come from within. As I move down the path of self-discovery and self-awareness, certain ways of being no longer make sense to me. I have an urge to live differently, to see the situations of my life in a different light. To change the way I think, the way I feel, and the things I do. I see the same old things in a new way. When I change on the inside, my outer world subtly reflects those changes. As I remove the mental and emotional blocks that kept me stuck in repeated, less-than-satisfactory behaviors, the way I feel, think, and behave evolves. As I learn new things and try out new behaviors, I get different feedback from the world around me. Then I respond to this new feedback and act in new ways, which in turns gets me more new feedback. I have a new loop with my world that builds upon itself, a positive, slow spiral upward.

No comments:

Post a Comment