Saturday 19 July 2014

One Life

One Life

I used to spend so much time reacting and responding to everyone else that my life had no direction. Other people's lives, problems, and wants set the course for my life. Once I realized it was okay for me to think about and identify what I wanted, remarkable things began to take place in my life. -Melody Beattie
I can be me
I have one life I can do something about and that life is mine. I have one mind through which to think the next right thought, one heart through which to experience the next feeling, and one body through which to take the next right action. I have spent too many years feeling overwhelmed by other people's problems, hurt by other people's actions, and baffled by other people's behaviors. When I feel stuck in that reactive mode of reasoning, I will say to myself I don't have to stay here. I will remind myself that other people's actions are theirs; they are about them and not me. If they are wrong actions, they will have to correct them. I am accountable and responsible for my actions only. I can do little about another's actions but I can do everything about my actions and reactions to others. Today, I will set my own course, based on my own inner impulses, needs, dreams, and abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment