Saturday 19 July 2014

Personal Truth

Personal Truth

If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything. -Mark Twain
I just tell the truth; it's easier that way
Today, I know that no one from my past needs to see things the way I do for me to get better and move on. Trying to convince others of what I have learned through my own journey can be an exercise in futility and delay my progress. First of all, each of us has our own truth that is unique unto itself. Second, each of us is at a different level of understanding and acceptance of who and where we are in life. Each member in my family had different experiences. That I thought we somehow matched up was an illusion. We each experienced our childhoods in our own way, and we have a right to our own perceptions. I do not have to get anyone to see it my way in order for me to feel comfortable. My truth is my truth, theirs is theirs. When I have truth inside, I need not live falsely. I tell the truth to others; this enables me to build trusting relationships. I increase my own self esteem because I am not hiding things or bending reality. I'm not behaving like I have something bad inside of me that I don't want others to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment