Saturday 19 July 2014

Perseverance

Perseverance

Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. . . . Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance. -Samuel Johnson
"How many books have you written, Leo?" I tell them. "That many! Wow.Writing obviously comes easy to you." Actually it doesn't come easy. I've really got to work at it. I'm writing this meditation at 4 AM-talk about perseverance! But most things that we achieve take perseverance: marriage, recovery, scholarship, sports, theatre, music . . . the list is endless. We should also consider that the people who say, "You definitely have a gift," are possibly manipulating the compliment so that they can remain idle. Sloth can be tricky. "If I don't have the gift, how can I be successful?" Not so fast! We all have gifts. Some of us choose to develop, nurture, and polish them. We can all learn to dance.
I persevere in my Say Yes to Your Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment