Saturday 19 July 2014

My Thoughts Are Alive in My Relationships

My Thoughts Are Alive in My Relationships

[Richard] said, "Groceries, you need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select what clothes you're gonna wear every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That's the only thing you should be trying to control. Drop everything else but that. Because if you can't learn to master your thinking, you're in deep trouble forever." -Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
I take responsibility for what I am thinking
My thoughts become my life. My thoughts have power first over me, and next they fill the atmosphere. My thoughts shape my feelings and actions. What I have running through my mind all day becomes my day. If I imagine that I can think all sorts of negative, self-defeating, or resentful thoughts and they will have no impact on me or those around me, I am making a real mistake. My thoughts are an alive and present force within my relationships; they are picked up on and felt by others. They are not confined to the limits of my head, they vibrate out and to the minds of those around me. They have power to affect people. Other people feel them and base their actions toward me on what they are picking up on. If I try to use words to mask my thoughts, I will feel incongruent or even phony to those around me. Today I will become aware of the thoughts that I think, the feelings I feel, and the impact that both are having on those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment