Saturday 19 July 2014

Lighting My Own Lamp

Lighting My Own Lamp

No one and nothing outside of you can give you salvation, or free you from the misery. You have to light your own lamp. You have to know the miniature universe that you yourself are. -Banani Ray, Awakening Inner Guru
Life is a mystery and I am part of that mystery
I will light my own lamp today rather than wait for someone else to do it for me. I will be willing to find inspiration. I will search out whatever it is that fills my heart and ignites a fire within me. Maybe it's music, reading, walking in nature, cooking, working, or being with someone I love. Whatever it is, I will allow it to fill my soul, to give my life meaning and a sense of purpose. If I wait for inspiration to drop down on my head from the heavens, I might wait forever. When here it is, right here, in my own mind's capacity to see the beauty and meaning that surrounds me all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment