Saturday 19 July 2014

Half Measures Avail Us Nothing

Half Measures Avail Us Nothing

Do, or do not. There is no try. -Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back
I will do something with enthusiasm
I understand today that half measures get me nowhere. I frustrate myself and those around me when I refuse to make a commitment to myself, and I don't put my full intent behind my desire to make a change that needs making, nor do I pull my full weight. When I just sort of do something, I ask for a just sort of result. And I don't even experience the good feeling of giving something my best shot. I set myself up for a kind of disappointment and failure when I make half efforts, when I drag my own feet and get in my own way. I disappoint myself and I disappoint others. I confuse myself as to whether or not I dare to try; I use not trying to protect myself from fear of failing. And I keep myself stuck. A small change taken on sincerely is worth more than a large change done half-heartedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment