Saturday 19 July 2014

Blaming

Blaming

All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you.-Wayne Dyer
I will watch my tendency to blame
Sometimes when something feels like it's wrong with me, I want to blame someone else for how it got that way. I want to make sense of it, get the pieces to hang together or create some sort of story that makes someone else the culprit so that I'll feel less baffled and alone in my pain. But blame is a never-ending cycle that becomes preoccupying and actually sends my energy outward. If I could accept with some level of simplicity that this is just where I am, perhaps I could marshal my own inner resources to get better or make small, positive changes. When I blame I get into a habit of mind that just isn't self-nourishing. I feed myself with resentment rather than encouragement. I drain my strength and throw it outward just at that moment when I need it to sustain me on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment