Sunday 20 May 2012

Rain - Cleansing Nature (S)






20th May 2012 – Jake – Trip over love, you can get up.  Fall in love and you fall forever.




I sit and wait
Does an angel contemplate my fate
And do they know
The places where we go
When we're grey and old
'cos I have been told
That salvation lets their wings unfold
So when I'm lying in my bed
Thoughts running through my head
And I feel that love is dead
I'm loving Neytiri instead

And through it all she offers me protection
A lot of love and affection
Whether I'm right or wrong
And down the waterfall
Wherever it may take me
I know that life won't break me
When I come to call she won't forsake me
I'm loving 
Neytiri instead

When I'm feeling weak
And my pain walks down a one way street
I look above
And I know I'll always be blessed with love
And as the feeling grows
She breathes flesh to my bones
And when love is dead
I'm loving Neytiri instead


In This Moment I Focus on the Present : An important lesson I’ve learned in recovery is that “what if” and “if only” don’t belong in my vocabulary.  When the committee in my head fills me with fear and anxiety, I maintain my sanity and serenity by focusing on the present. “What if” projects to the future, which I can’t control. “If only” refers to the past which I’m powerless to change. If I want healthy and loving relationships, I need to stay focused in the moment.




Reflection for today: The mind is so powerful in its ability to rationalize. It can make us believe the truth is a lie and what is false, reality. As we recognise how we so often delude ourselves with our thinking, we see how necessary it is to have friends with whom we are able to share anything. We have suffered enough from our self-defeating behaviour. We do not deserve to keep hurting ourselves. Unless we wish to continue suffering, we will be open and honest with someone.  Sublime!


I watched the movie One Day and the above song was indicated. Also,  the following resonated for us, made me teary:

I hate today – 15th July

Saint Swithin’s Day!

I used to hate you, too. Quite violently, actually….. I am sorry but, really…..because, she lit up with you.  Just in a way that she never would with me and it used to make me so angry because I didn’t think that you deserved her…..She made you decent. And then in return, you made her so happy. So happy. And I will always be grateful to you for that.

There was also a scene when she realises who her true love is! Left me breathless!



On the next rainy day, imagine the rain washing away and cleansing your emotional body.



There are times when we might feel the need to wash away all of our troubles and call forth freshness into our lives. Since perhaps the most cleansing substance on this earth is water, we can think of the joy rain brings as an energetic bath, rejuvenating our minds, bodies and souls. Just being able to spend a few moments every time it rains to become aware of the healing powers water brings to us can renew us in so many ways. As we do this we will find that the more we appreciate the universe’s gift to us in the form of rain, the more we can see that a gentle rain shower is a strong reflective tool that has the ability to cleanse our entire being.

The next time it rains might be a good chance to experience the rain through all of your senses, allowing you to truly understand just how truly important each and every drop of water is. First, take a few minutes to look outside and notice how each individual raindrop seems to come down in a continual stream. By noticing this you can contemplate how it takes many small accomplishments to create the whole of your existence, for nothing exists in isolation. Then you might wish to focus your attention on the sound of the rainfall, letting the sounds of drops penetrate into the innermost recesses of your self. Listening in this way may bring you a greater sense of connection with nature and the world around you, knowing that the sounds you hear are an integral part of not just the physical sustenance you require but also nourish your spirit as well.

Consciously using our senses to feel nature’s healing energy as it comes to us in the form of rain is an act of internal cleansing. Just as the rain physically washes over the earth and rinses out any impurities and imperfections, so it also bathes our spirit in the joy that comes from knowing that we are in fact one with the world around us.

For more information visit dailyom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment