Sunday 28 July 2013

Loving Another

Loving Another


When I love someone or when someone loves me, we become a part of one another. To the extent to which that love carries commitment along with it, we are partners in each other's destiny. What we do affects the other, a piece of us lives in the heart and mind of that other person. What piece of me do I want to live on in the mind of another? When they turn inward to find me, who will they find? What will I have left behind me as a legacy of that relationship? I may have made mistakes or hurt someone without understanding what I was doing, but today I will be mindful; I'll keep myself honest and try not to harm. I cannot control how another person acts or feels, but I can be aware of what I put into a relationship.

I have conscious interactions.


Love is the extra effort we make in our dealings with those whom we do not like and once you understand that, you understand all. This idea that love overtakes you is nonsense. This is but a polite manifestation of sex, To love another you have to undertake some fragment of their destiny.
Quentin Crisp

No comments:

Post a Comment