Tuesday 23 July 2013

HEARING THE SOLUTIONS

A student came to me this week, excited to tell me about a moment of clarity he experienced. After months of frustration, he realized exactly what it was he needed to do to take his life to the next level! I couldn’t have been happier for him. I also reminded him that nearly a dozen people in his life had been suggesting that very solution for quite some time. The difference is that now he was finally ready to hear it. 
 
It reminds me of a profound lesson the kabbalists teach: The answers to our problems are always available to us, but we are not always open to receiving them. 
 
One of the most powerful ways to access solutions is to open ourselves to hearing others – especially when their point of view differs from our own. 

This sounds so simple. Anyone can listen, right? But hearing is altogether different than listening. We may listen, but we are preconditioned to disagree rather than to hear out. Sometimes we justify it by telling ourselves that we already know all the facts. Or, maybe we assume that because another person isn’t perfect they couldn’t possibly have any wisdom to share. Other times, we close ourselves off out of fear of being wrong, thinking, “If I take in what this person has to say, maybe it will mean I have to change.” 

The refusal to hear others not only creates negative energy in our relationships, but it can also block us from hearing what we need to move forward in our personal growth. 

This is a powerful week to remember that each person can be a messenger – no matter what. Consider another person’s point of view. Maybe they know something you don’t. 

If you open your heart, and open your mind, you will hear the solutions the universe is trying to send you.


72 Name of the Week


Vav Vav Lamed
DIALING GOD

I will quiet the static that blocks my spiritual path. I see chaos and difficulties, negative energy that I have created, standing in the way of my Light source. One by one, I remove the obstructions. As I throw them away, the Light becomes brighter and clearer. I am connected to the Light source. There is an opening through which I can now receive solutions, and my prayers can be answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment