Wednesday 17 July 2013

Inner Symbols

Inner Symbols


My dreams offer me a window into my own internal depths, revealing to me what I dare not know consciously. The symbolic language of my dreams carries with it a sort of congealed meaning, containing both my own personal symbols and the symbols and archetypes of the collective unconscious. By exploring and intuiting the significance of my dreams, I will understand more about how I am affected by and experiencing my life situations.
I study my dreams.
For one thing, dreams are limitless repositories of our deepest emotions. During our waking hours we psychologically censor and dismiss great chunks of what we feel. But the fact that we do not admit our deepest, most intense feelings into consciourness does not mean that the forbidden emotions evaporate or self-destruct. Those feelings that we deny or banish from consciousness go into hiding in our unconscious.

Since dreams are a panoramic window into our unconscious, we find in dreams the emotions that we dared not consciously acknowledge while awake.
J. Allen Hobson

No comments:

Post a Comment