Tuesday 11 February 2014

Strong At the Broken Places

Strong At the Broken Places

The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. - Ernest Hemingway, A Farewell to Arms
I am willing to see more of me
I will develop strength from facing challenge. I will become resilient by solving problems and developing strategies for handling what is tough in my life. I will find and hold onto faith knowing that sometimes faith is all that I have. I will meet my life head on rather than run from it. I need to remember that emotions can run high when I am growing and changing inside, when I am challenging myself to stretch, but today I will see this as an opportunity to stretch my ability to tolerate inner turbulence without blowing up or cutting off. In a healing process, my joys are higher and my longings are stronger. The world is more intense than it usually is. When I forget this, I start to feel out of step if I'm not where I think I should be, I compare my insides with everybody else's outsides and use that to make myself wrong. I want to push away my inner world and I get a little afraid of what I'm experiencing if it doesn't fit my image of what I'm supposed to be feeling. Then I engage in a cover up. When I do that, I am only half there and when all is said and done, the only person I am covering up is me. Today I will let myself have my full range of feelings, knowing that they may, at times, be a bit of a roller coaster. But I know, that I will land comfortably at the end of the ride, and each time I land, I will be stronger and more resilient where I stretched.

No comments:

Post a Comment