Wednesday 5 February 2014

Hiding Pain

Hiding Pain

You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read. It was books that taught me that the things that tormented me most were the very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, or who had ever been alive. -James Baldwin
I open my heart to my Higher Power
Pain grows in hiding. Recovery teaches me not to hide my pain and suffering from myself or from my Higher Power. When I bring my most honest and pure self to the fore, when I am truly willing to turn over my angst to a power greater than myself, something changes. I let go and create space for a shift in perception. I experience a quiet awakening in my life, and forces that I did not allow to enter my life before, come in to heal me. I will open the door today and let the parts of me come forward into my own consciousness that I too often shove away and shut down. After all it's only more of me. Once these parts of me find legs, they walk; once these parts of me find a voice, they share and speak, they find words. And once they find words, I understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment