Friday 7 February 2014

When Things Aren't Holding

When Things Aren't Holding

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.-Barack Obama
Past trauma need not rule my present and future
This disease is traumatizing. It is shocking. It takes away my sense of normal. It makes people I love unpredictable and scary. It undermines my trust and faith in an orderly and predictable world and in my primary relationships and even in myself. Sometimes the earth beneath me can feel unsolid, shaky, and unreliable. And when I feel like this, I want to hold on tighter, to control, to fix and pin things down so I won't have to feel this way anymore. Today I will accept these feelings as natural, and I will breathe through them and give them space to move through me, knowing that there is a new kind of solidity growing daily within me. The power of presence is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment