Friday 14 February 2014

Being Wrong

Being Wrong

"If what you seek is Truth, there is one thing you must have above all else." "I know. An overwhelming passion for it." "No. An unremitting readiness to admit you may be wrong."-Anthony de Mello
Being wrong does not compromise who I am
I cannot grow if I cannot be wrong. I cannot change if I cannot tolerate recognizing the error of my previous ways, my own smallness, my own ignorance. Holding onto an opinion or behavior, even a feeling, is foolish if reexamining it would be of benefit to me. I only hurt myself and frustrate those I am close to when I am unnecessarily stubborn. If I cannot occasionally shake my head at the fool I have been, how can I move into a greater and a better understanding? I can laugh at myself, I can have compassion for myself, I can feel a healthy amount of guilt and regret and then forgive myself and let it flow downstream. I can allow myself to be full of human error and still love and accept myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment