Thursday 22 August 2013

APACHE PRAYER

APACHE PRAYER
Kenneth Meadows, Where Eagles Fly

This prayer is appropriate for opening a Medicine Wheel or sacred circle.NOTE: When opening a circle or Medicine Wheel it is vital to call in the seven directions. This allows you to tap into the power of the wheel for reverent and focused communion with Spirit. The directions will always respond when you call them, which may feel like energy coming into your hand or arm or showering down through your crown. People often report feeling "chills" and "goosebumps". Sometimes it is just a knowing that Spirit, your ancestors, animals and guides are now surrounding you.



Stand facing the East and say:

I call to the powers and spirits of the East, to golden eagle, to illumination. I call to the powers and spirits of the East to come be with me (us).


Shake rattle at the direction with your right hand. Give the rattle a 3 shake pattern, 3 times in the East.

Turn clockwise and facing the South say:

I call to the powers and spirits of the South, to the Good Red Road home, to trust and innocence and the little mouse. I call to the powers and spirits of the South to come be with me (us).

Shake rattle at the direction with your right hand. Shake the rattle 3 shakes, 3 times in the South.

Turn clockwise and facing the West say:

I call to the powers and spirits of the West, to the Medicine Path, to beautiful Shell Woman, to the dark waters of looking within. I call to the powers and spirits of the West to be with me (us).

Shake rattle at the direction with your right hand. Shake the rattle 3 shakes, 3 times in the North.

Turn clockwise and facing the North say:

I call to the powers and spirits of the North, home of the old ones and those who have gone by, to snowy owl and White Buffalo Calf Woman. I call to the powers and spirits of the North to come be with me (us).

Shake rattle at the direction with your right hand. Shake the rattle 3 shakes, 3 times in the North.

Turn clockwise, facing the Center and bending down to touch both palms onto the ground say:

I call upon the powers and spirits of the earth, to those who swim, fly and crawl, to all creatures great and small. I call to the powers and spirits of the earth to come be with me (us).

Raise both arms to the sky and silently commune with the above and all of the support that you have called in. Honor them with a silent thought of gratitude.

Looking up say:

It is a good day to die.
It is a good day to live.


AHO!

No comments:

Post a Comment