Friday 23 August 2013

A Life Well Lived

A Life Well Lived


There is no substitute for a life well lived. Soul cannot be felt or expressed through a life that is in shambles. The kind of inner security and continuity that a carefully lived life offers is its own reward. No therapy or philosophy can really be effective unless I live a life that is clean and wholesome. If I think I can conduct myself in a dubious manner and get good and happy results, I am misunderstanding the laws of living. I will reap what I sow. If I sow seeds of disharmony and discontent, if I live a life that lacks commitment and follow-through, then that is the experience I am creating for myself. If I live a life that is not loving and well-intended, there is no way that I will reap those rewards. Whatever it is I wish to receive, I need to first create and live in my own life.
I put clean and wholesome living as my highest priority.
 

There is only one thing that is fully our own and that is our will or purpose.
Epictetus, 1st century A.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment