Wednesday 22 February 2012

Wherever You Are, BE THERE Totally!


20th February 2012 – Neytiri – Do you still have the energy to Skype me tomorrow? Read your blog. Really feel for you, wish i could help.

20th February 2012 – Jake – I did three things today; miss you, miss you, and miss you. So don't be silly. I'll be back to normal once I See You. It's just a dose of love sickness..Ish'llah


In the book the Power of Now, the author states you should practice being in the present by taking any routine activity that normally is only a means to an end and giving it your fullest attention, so that it becomes an end in itself.

So I decided that all the daily mundane tasks I do I will stay in the present.  Tasks such as showering, shaving, driving, etc. But jeez it is tough.  Within no time my mind is already drifting to the past or future.  So even if I can stay present for 1 second at a time it is progress for me. 1 second will then become 2 seconds which will then become 3 seconds and so on until it becomes automatic.

He further gives a great strategy to overcome waiting and impatience. He states when you catch yourself slipping into waiting, snap out of it. Come into the present moment. Just be, and enjoy being.

So next time someone says “Sorry to keep you waiting.” You can reply, “That’s alright, I wasn’t waiting. I was just standing here enjoying myself – IN JOY IN MY SELF.” Wow!

The secret of life is to “die before you die” – and find that there is no death.

Talked to Neytiri after almost 2 weeks, which seemed like a lifetime.  The Force was strong during our talk.

We discussed the above and I asked her if she was ready to die! 

We see birth as “good” and death as “bad”. But neither are either. It is just the circle of life.  The soul knows this. More about this next post.

Neytiri still having trouble expressing her true feelings. Why?

I have booked and confirmed I will be visiting my home town for 2 weeks.  This will be my first visit to my family of origin since I discovered my co-dependent history. Should be interesting. Stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment