Friday 3 February 2012

Her Childhood and Step 5 Revisited

2nd February 2012 – Jake – Blog’s now live @ http://mysoulmate journey.blogspot.com.au/
2nd February 2012 – Jake – The technique of survival is embraced in those adjustments of the human will and those transformations in the mortal mind whereby such a God-conscious intellect gradually becomes spirit taught and eventually spirit lead..Ish’llah
2nd February 2012 – Neytiri – Give me 10 just want to make a salad.

Tonight I attended my local CoDA meeting.  It was my 1 year anniversary.  I told the group that the person that walked into the group 1 year ago would be a stranger to me today.  I expressed my gratitude to all who assisted me directly or indirectly.
Neytiri asked me about the 12 step program and why it was important to confess one’s defects or shortcomings with another human being.  She told me she had been on another program where they were told to create an imaginary person and tell this person their shortcomings.
I read from the Big Book and the 12 x 12 book the reasons why Step 5 is so important and by skimping on this step the desired result would never eventuate.
I could feel she was anxious and she started talking about a question I asked her some weeks ago.  I had asked her “Tell me about your childhood.” At the time she replied “Not now.  There are some things I have not told you. We’ll talk about it some other time.”
She said “It’s has always being in the background (her childhood?) and I never gave it much thought or had it in the forefront of her mind.  No one has ever asked me about my childhood, not even Tsu’tey! Why did you have to ask me about it?”
I asked “What are your fears?” She said “I don’t know how to say this.  I’ll tell you when I come visit you.  I’m too close to you now anyway, so can I do it with someone else?”

No comments:

Post a Comment