Monday 6 February 2012

The Human Guinea Pig!


5th February 2012 – Neytiri – I have an diabetic eye appt on tuesday at 2. Will have to catch the bus so maybe we can have a quicky. Having a difficult weekend. I need you.

5th February 2012 – Jake – This too shall pass..Ish'llah I feel you.

6th February 2012 – Jake – We have to feel an enormous amount of care if we want to help someone. It’s not how much we know, but how much we care, that creates miraculous changes..Ish'llah


When I fractured my ankle back in October 2011 I was told by the doctor that it was a 50/50 fracture, i.e. it was optional whether to operate or not.  I chose not to operate.  He then advised because of this 50/50 grey area, they were conducting international research into which was better; operation or no operation. He enquired whether I would like to take part.  He said it was a randomised selection; I had no choice.

I told him put me down.  I thought I’ll do my bit for mankind and maybe this was the reason for my injury! Anyway, I drew non-operational which was fine and they will now monitor my progress over 12 months.

2 weeks ago, I get a letter in the mail stating my family has been selected for a national health survey! Yipee.

Today I get a kit in the mail for the National Bowel Cancer Screening Program for selected individuals only and I happen to be one of them!

Now feeling like a real guinea pig and doing more than my fair share for mankind.  Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment