Saturday 25 February 2012

The Notebook


25th February 2012 – Jake You’re one of the people I never asked from God but still, She gave you to me. I asked Her why, She said, “Because she can fill your life like no one else can.”

Behind every great love is a great story.

I had never heard of this movie, The Notebook and it was indicated to me by my local DVD store.  They had a list of top movies for Valentines and this was top of the list. I felt compelled to see it. So did many others because it took awhile before I could secure a copy.

What a great movie.  It was deeply romantic and at once heartwarming and heartbreaking. It will capture you in its sweeping and emotional force.

I was deeply moved by the movie and came so very, very close to crying.  It was so relevant to events in my life.  The following lines really have special meaning for me:



For the first time.......I feel like I’ve got something to look forward to.

This is not about keeping your promise and it’s not about following your heart, it’s about security.

Would you stop thinking about what everybody wants? Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want.
WHAT DO YOU WANT?
WHAT DO YOU WANT?
WHAT DO YOU WANT?
GODDAMN IT! WHAT DO YOU WANT?


I think this is where Neytiri’s conflict arises from and until she realises it, it will continue to be an issue.  That is why I am so very, very grateful that she made the resounding decision to visit me.  It is probably only the 2nd time, I know of, where she has done something she wants. Good onya!  But it will be a test for her once she arrives; whether she can stay present and forget the family for 2 weeks.  She needs a Hall pass!  I think I will also need one.



......but I want to do that, because I want you.....I want all of you forever – you and me, everyday.

What easy way?  There is no easy way, no matter what I do, somebody gets hurt.

...learning from each other and growing in love.

The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, 
That plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. 
And that’s what you’re given me. That’s what I’d love to give you forever. I love you, I’ll be seeing you.

Well, thanks, Doc but you know what they say? Science goes only so far and then comes God...Then comes God.

She is good. I don’t know, there’s something about today. Maybe it’s a day for a miracle.

Look, guys, that’s my sweetheart in there. I’m not leaving her. This is my home now. Your mother is my home.

I need to ask you something.   
What is it, sweetheart?    
Do you think that our love can create miracles?   
Yes, I do. That’s what brings you back to me each time.   
Do you think our love could take us away together?  
I think our love can do anything we want it to do.


Love always prevails and conquers all.  Or as Neytiri always says “There is only love.”  I have since been feeling a sense of clarity and intense peace.  I feel at one.

No comments:

Post a Comment