Wednesday 1 January 2014

Martyrs

Martyrs


"A thing is not necessarily true because everyone dies for it." -Oscar Wilde


In the battle with alcoholism, my involvement with God's will for me is crucial. My choice is the result of God's gift of freedom, and freedom can be awfully real! The price of freedom is Auschwitz, the world's starving millions, and the dead drunk in a derelict building. People do insane and destructive things, usually because they think they know best. They die to protect their egos. Today I am learning to detach spiritually to discover a pure and selfless love. I stand back and consider before I act.Often after a time of reflection, I see the event differently- and it is okay to change my mind. - Leo Booth

God, I understand choice is the key to my humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment