Friday 24 January 2014

Respecting the Gift of My Life

Respecting the Gift of My Life

We do not receive wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can make for us, which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world.-Marcel Proust
I will sustain and respect the life I have been given
God has given ME to ME to look after. No one is with me twenty four seven; if I want to be help-able, it has to begin with me. I am my own responsibility. If I don't care for me, if I don't hold me up, if I don't sustain and nurture myself, there will be no way for another person to be able to do that for me. Today I will take care of the gift of ME, knowing that this is my right and responsibility. I will get the rest, nutrition, exercise, and companionship that I need to feel good. I will find something constructive to occupy my time. I will be aware of my mood and my attitude, and I will do my best to keep them heading in a positive rather than a negative direction. I am responsible for seeing to it that I am well cared for; if I do not take care of ME, no one else will, no one else can.

No comments:

Post a Comment