Friday 17 January 2014

Heroism

Heroism


He whom prosperity humbles, and adversity strengthens, is the true hero. - Josh Billings

I watched a biography concerning the life of the Reverend Martin Luther King Jr. I knew that he had faced great adversity, but when I saw the opposition, prejudice, and violence he endured, I became a greater admirer of what he had achieved. I've had adversity in my life.Today I understand that it is how I respond to it that truly makes the difference as to how I overcome it. Say Yes to Your Spirit involves my response to adversity because I'm not going to get through life without experiencing it. And I'm helped by others, especially by a program that talks about what it was like, what happened, and what it is like now. It is from the "what happened" and my response to it that my personal heroism emerges.
 

Today I want to be my own hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment