Saturday 25 January 2014

Leaving the Disease Behind Me

Leaving the Disease Behind Me


Be patient. Your skin took a while to deteriorate. Give it some time to reflect a calmer inner state. As one of my friends states on his Facebook profile: "The true Losers in Life, are not those who Try and Fail, but those who Fail to Try." -Jess C. Scott, Clear: A Guide to Treating Acne Naturally

I respect the power of the disease to hold me, or anyone I love, in its grip
I am leaving this disease behind me. I cannot get where I need and want to go dragging it along anymore. What I used to accept as business as usual, I see today as a legacy of dysfunction, a legacy that I don't need or want to continue. I have been trying to fix this long enough-it's unfixable. I have been trying to spackle in the ever widening cracks between myself and this disease, but it never really holds. I have had enough. I am not bigger or more powerful than this disease. I will allow myself to move forward into my own psychological health, with or without anyone else. Today I see that the only person I can change is myself, and that trying to fix everyone else only causes them to make me the problem. They will change in their time, not mine. I have a right to wriggle loose and lead my own life whether or not they see the disease as I am now learning to see it. I have a right to be free. I surrender; I release and let go of what is binding me.

No comments:

Post a Comment