Friday 31 January 2014

Thank You for My Heart

January 30: Thank You for My Heart

“Last Thursday, I was able to find the courage to end a relationship I had been struggling with. I knew there was nowhere for it to go, and I was seeing some scary character traits in this person. Now, I am dealing with a lot of sadness. That tells me that the urge we humans have for bonding with each other, and the desire for companionship, must be incredibly strong. I am grateful even more than I am sad.”

It was just a short message on the on-line bulletin board I maintained at the hazelden.org Web site. That’s all the woman needed to say. For me, the lesson was clear and com­plete: be grateful for our hearts.

God, thank you for the ability and desire to love. Love is a cherished gift from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment