Thursday 30 January 2014

My Reservoir of Peace

My Reservoir of Peace


For peace of mind, we need to resign as general manager of the universe. -Larry Eisenberg

I let go and let God


There is nothing in my day that is more important than my serenity, and it is my responsibility to maintain and attend to it. Whatever I do in the world, my serenity comes first. I owe it to no one. I will pay attention today to the myriad of ways in which I am thrown off balance and I will take a moment to center myself, to breathe, to remember that when I can calm my body, mind, and spirit, I interact differently with the people, places, and things of my day. I will work daily to build my serenity muscles so that I stay strong and flexible. Serenity isn't something that I can just grab and have. I need to nourish it through quiet and reflection and come back to it when I lose it. My serenity is mine to look after. I give myself the gift of my own serenity today and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment