Tuesday 21 January 2014

A Rock and a Hard Place


A Rock and a Hard Place


There is an old expression that says you can tell a lot about the internal state of a person by three things: how (s)he reacts when drunk, by his pocket (that is, if he is willing to share), and by his anger.

But you know what? There is actually another indicator. The true spirit of a person will emerge when he has fire on one side and the ocean on the other, and he finds himself between a rock and a hard place. How does he react in that moment? Does he say, “All of this is garbage,” and then leaves and tries to run to a safer place? Or does he say, “The water might overtake me and the fire may burn me, but whatever happens, I know there is an aspect of Divine love in it. I know that I am here for a purpose, and that purpose for me is to walk this line”

No comments:

Post a Comment