Wednesday 29 January 2014

Principles, Not Personalities

Principles, Not Personalities

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it. -Buddha
I allow the grace of this collective wisdom to enter me each and every day
Today I am part of a community of recovering people that is bigger than me, bigger than anyone. I am benefiting from a collective wisdom that has developed slowly and over time, that has been passed with love, commitment, passion, pain, sweat, and deep joy from one hand to another, from one heart to another. This is a journey with fellow journeyers, owned by no one and affiliated with nothing outside of itself. I owe my recovery to no person, place, or thing. I am here like so many others, taking my turn in these beautiful rooms, seeking Good Orderly Direction a day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment