Thursday 23 January 2014

The Experience of Being Alive

The Experience of Being Alive


I don't believe people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive.-Joseph Campbell


I am alive in this day

 
I cannot fit more life into the day than the day will naturally hold. Experience unfolds a moment at a time. When my mind is always on where I can get and what I can become, I walk right by the moment as if it were nothing to savor or cherish or even notice. When I can allow myself to sink into the here and now, everything I need for this moment is right here, the moment expands, and actually fills up of its own accord. I am learning that being in my life is better than piling up evidence of being in my life, that being in my day is better than thinking about being in my day, and that experiencing the quiet radiance of God at work in all things gives each moment, each day, and each circumstance its own quiet meaning and purpose. The purpose is to see, to sense, to be in this experience called life rather than avoid it, medicate it, overthink it, or overlive it.

No comments:

Post a Comment