Thursday 28 November 2013

Forgiveness

Forgiveness

<!-Affirmation->
"Without forgiveness, life is governed by . . . An endless cycle of resentment and retaliation." - Roberto Assagioli


<!-Meditation->
Much of what I resent in others springs from my unhappiness with myself. I dislike in others what is negative in me: arrogance, pride, narrow-mindedness, snobbery, and dishonesty. As long as I refuse to forgive others, I am not capable of forgiving myself. Part of my denial is reflected in my attitudes toward others. Those character traits I refuse to forgive in others are buried within me. Today I am learning the difference between forgiveness and acceptance. I can forgive other people without accepting their lifestyle. I can forgive myself and still see the need for change. In my forgiveness is the hope for tomorrow.
<!-Quote->
Creator, help me grow in the forgiveness of self and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment