Thursday 14 November 2013

Education

Education

Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. -Richard Steele

Reading allows me to enter into a world that I will never experience personally. I may never go to Iraq, sit in on a meeting with the president, or experience the life and times of Shakespeare, but through reading I am able to experience in my mind all the above and more. Reading helps me to see the future and understand the past. Dancing in God is timeless.Today I understand that my connection to the universe is nourished through education. I can know more than I can ever see or touch by the power of the word. On the matter of Jesus's birth, the apostle John wrote, "TheWord became flesh and made his dwelling among us." ( John 1:14) God's creation comes alive through education, and I am gratified. Spiritually I am at peace when I sit before a log fire, book in hand, with a nice glass of milk and a chocolate.


I love and appreciate the gift of literature.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On this day of your life, Neytiri & Jake, I believe God wants you to know...




...that morning comes every day; the sunrise does not

fail, nor the sunset.





Give it time. That is all that may be required. Just give

it time. Do not try to push the river. The cycles of life

present themselves, play themselves out, and make

smooth every passage and terrain.



Try not to get caught up in your story of the moment.

Look, rather, to the Long Story. Therein will be

found your peace. The cycles will redeem this

moment, if you let them, and even this shall pass.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment