Saturday 23 November 2013

Finding Real Value



When life is hectic and we are surrounded by a lot of people, it’s easy to get annoyed at the little things others say and do.

In these moments, as spiritual people, we need to stop and ask ourselves this question: “Is the problem really with the people around me? Or is it because of the space I’m in that the negativity exists?”

There is a story I love to share about King David. As David was going into battle one day, a man standing on the side of the road started to curse him. Instead of cursing back, David responded, “If he is cursing me, indeed, I deserve to be cursed.”

When things happen around us, 90% of the time we think first with our ego: Why is that person hurting me? But when we do this, we cut ourselves off from that individual.

Now suppose we can turn that same concept around and ask ourselves: Why is this in my movie? What do I have to learn from it? Then we will be able to extract real value from the situation.

Remember, too, that life’s lessons usually don’t happen only in the big frameworks of our lives, they happen through the small incidents that we often overlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment