Tuesday 12 November 2013

Childlike

Childlike

"In every child who is born, under no matter what circumstances, and of no matter what parents, the potentiality of the human race is born again." - James Agee

Today I see and believe the God-given dignity of the human race in the faces and lifestyles of others. In the challenge and rebelliousness of youth, there is the hope for tomorrow. I associate myself with the need to question, risk, and be outrageous. I play and laugh at myself and own my craziness. I do not need to be perfect. When I used drugs, I was judgmental, serious, and controlling. Everything had to have a place, an answer, or be acceptable to others. My guilt was caused by my inability to please others. Today I can be childlike and identify with the radical message for tomorrow: "To thine own self be true!"


God, I see a child looking at the stars and I smile. I am that child.

No comments:

Post a Comment