Monday 25 November 2013

Environment

Environment

"Love your neighbor as yourself, but choose your neighbor." - Louise Beal


Part of my recovery and sobriety involves change. It is not enough to put down the jug to gain sobriety; I need to make substantial changes in my life. Where I live, with whom I live, the friends I keep, and the relationships I make are crucial to my sobriety. Human beings imitate.They imitate clothes, hairstyles, and mannerisms. Sobriety is also imitated. As a recovering alcoholic, I can only be spiritually happy with those who are joyous and free. I need to find them.


God, You are to be found in all creation. Let me seek you in a noble lifestyle.
----------------------------------------------------------------

No Such Place as Hell, Heaven

You can be in heaven (Oneness with All) and not know it. Indeed, most of you are.

This can be changed, but not by something you are doing. It can only be changed by something that you are being.

This is what is meant by the statement, "There is nothing you have to do." There is nothing to do but be.

And there is nothing to be, but One.

--Communion With God by Neale Donald Walsch

No comments:

Post a Comment