Friday 29 November 2013

Dignity

Dignity


"To behave with dignity is nothing less than to allow others freely to be themselves." - Sol Chaneles


Ultimately, only I can be responsible for me. It is impossible for me to live another person's life. It is disrespectful to assume the role of decision maker for another adult. People must have the freedom to grow and be themselves. Dignity is affording people this freedom. Today I see how I continued to keep members of my family sick by taking on responsibilities that were not mine to deal with. I see how I was not treating my family with dignity. I was unintentionally withholding honor from those I loved. People, especially family members, must be given the freedom to express their hurts. They have a responsibility to deal with their pain because it is theirs!


I pray that I may treat others with the dignity I desire in my own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment