Sunday 22 December 2013

Imitation

Imitation


Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them. - James Baldwin


Imitation is the highest form of flattery. When we embrace Say Yes to Your Spirit we realize that many people influence our lives, often without realizing it. Even crazy behavior has an influence because it teaches us what not to do! I never realized how much my mother has influenced my life until she died some years ago. I remember her words in the kitchen over tea: "You get what you create." But more than what she said, I remember how she behaved with other people. The encouraging smile, her silences that allowed me to find my words, the way she kept her space in life neat and tidy. I catch myself imitating her behavior, and I smile.


My life has been a shared experience.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Vision for Blessing in Advance

We envision living in a world where people everywhere have learned to bless their endeavors, projects, and creative works before starting out; where the carpenter blesses the house before he drives the first nail, where the computer expert blesses the day's work before striking the first key, where the teacher blesses the students, the lumberjack blesses the trees, the farmer blesses the land, the leader blesses the people, and the soldier blesses the enemy before setting out for the day.


We see a world where each and every one of us has experienced problems solved, obstacles overcome, solutions found, and great works completed because we have learned to bless our work in advance. We see everyone having seen the direct relationship between blessing and achieving success. Accordingly, we see a world full of happy people because we have all risen to our highest calling now that we are remembering to bless our endeavors in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment