Monday 30 December 2013

Detach From You

December 29: Detach From You

I’m making myself nuts today, I said to a friend. I' m going to stop what I’m doing and go to bed.”

Sometimes the crazy person I need to detach from is me.

Action: You may find great relief by practicing Step One of Al Anon. You admit that you are powerless over alcohol (or people, places, and things) and that your life has become unmanageable. You focus on this Step, instead of on your obsession. It is also helpful to talk to someone else who understands and practices detachment. You may have to repeatedly focus on this value, some times many times a day, when someone else c insanity is spilling into your life.

December 28: Who is Your Teacher

“When my son was using drugs and I finally had to let go, it was one of the hardest experiences in my life,” a woman said. Now, years later, looking back at the experience, I see that he was my teacher for detaching in love.”
 
Gratitude Focus: We can be grateful for all the people, places, and things that teach us the hard way—about the value of detaching in love. We can also be grateful for all the people who give us positive support for doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment