Wednesday 25 September 2013

Perseverance

Perseverance


"He who limps is still walking." Stanislaw J. Lec

I love this quotation. It is so visual and thought provoking. In my mind I can actually see a person limping up a dusty pathway. Often in writing Say Yes to Your Spirit I've found the need to use metaphors and poetry to paint a picture. In the concept of dancing in God, I can actually see me dancing with God, who happens to look like the traditional pictures of Jesus, and I am gliding along with a smile on my face. Obviously I'm quite a good dancer because Jesus is smiling too! The limp in the quotation signifies the challenges that we allmust face in life. But these challenges rarely stop us in our tracks. Most times we are able to overcome them or learn to live with them. That takes perseverance-a gift that God has given us. Are we using this gift?


The times I catch myself limping I remember I am still walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment