Monday 30 September 2013

Appreciation

Appreciation


The worst mistake a boss can make is not to say, "Well done." -John Ashcroft

Recently I caught myself saying in a lecture that religion often tells you what you are not, spirituality tells you who you are. And I liked what I said! For too many years, as a child, I got the message of original sin: I was imperfect, fallen, a mistake. I was not what I was intended to be. Today I disagree with this teaching. I am not a mistake. My dance in God is a celebration of this awareness. I believe that I am a child of God. More, I believe that I am an adult in God, who reflects divine love. This profound spiritual understanding gives me an appreciation of other people, cultures, and religions. I was not born sinful, broken, or imperfect. Rather I was born in and through God's love. This makes me a miracle.
 

I seek and find the face of God in creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment