Sunday 15 September 2013

Home and Freedom

Home and Freedom


My home is a place of freedom and creativity. It is one place where I can be fully myself, where I can relax and let my hair down. My home holds within it a kind of comfort and safety that allows more of me to come forward. I can relax here, move about at my own pace, think my own thoughts, pursue my own quiet and pleasant routines. The world will not intrude upon this sacred space today - I will guard it with love, understanding its value to me. I have every right to protect my home from harm. This is my own cozy, little world and I will take care of it. I will not underestimate what it has to offer me.

I will live at home.


Of all modern notions, the worst is this: that domesticity is dull. Inside the home, they say, is dead, decorum and routine; outside is adventure and variety. But the truth is that the home is the only place of liberty, the only spot on earth where a man can alter arrangements suddenly, make an experiment or indulge in a whim. The home is not the only tame place in a world of adventure, it is the one wild place in a world of rules and set tasks.
C. K. Chesterton

No comments:

Post a Comment