Friday 27 September 2013

Doubt

Doubt

"Sixty years ago, I knew everything; now I know nothing. Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance." Will Durant


Spirituality is knowing I do not know. It is waking up in the morning with my eyes fully open, awaiting the adventure of the new day.New things, theories, and facts are discovered every day, and this makes for a glorious and exciting world. There was a time when I used knowledge to protect myself from the challenges and inconsistencies of life. God had to be a proven fact, evidenced in theory and dogma. As such, the mystery was lost. Today my relationship with God is real. Doubt has become part of my faith. The state of not knowing is creative and stimulating. To not know is the beginning of wisdom.


You who have spoken through wind and fire, speak through my doubts.

No comments:

Post a Comment