Saturday 14 September 2013

Holistic Living

Holistic Living


I am not merely an intellect - I am a body, mind and soul. When I divide myself into pieces, I do not function synergistically. If I am tired and stressed physically, I am not fully present. If my mind is tense and preoccupied, it takes my soul along with it. If my heart is heavy, the other parts of me follow suit. I cannot only think my way toward soul; I need to feel it, to sense and experience it with all of me. When I try to seek soul only through one sense or one function, I limit my potential.
I function as a whole - all of me opens to the soul experience.
 

In our souls everything
moves guided by a mysterious hand.
We know nothing of our own souls
that are ununderstandable and say nothing.
The deepest words
of the wise man teach us
the same as the whistle of the wind when it blows
or the sound of the water when it is flowing.
Antonio Machado

No comments:

Post a Comment