Monday 23 September 2013

Laughter

Laughter


"You grow up the day you have the first real laugh-at yourself." Ethel Barrymore
Today I can laugh at myself. I do not take myself too seriously. I am beginning to grow. I used to be too serious-having the "poor me" syndrome and sitting on my pity pot demanding attention. Not only was I terribly unhappy; I was the cause of my unhappiness. One day, a friend listened to my complaints, then began to laugh a real belly laugh. Soon, I began to laugh, too! My attitude was so stupid, selfish, and futile that it demanded laughter to shake me out of it. At that point, I began to grow. Now I laugh at my funny little ways, my ridiculous pretensions, and my grandiose behavior. With laughter comes humility.
 

God, let me experience the miracle of laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment