Wednesday 18 September 2013

Consistency

Consistency


I will be consistent today. Soul cannot express itself and be explored through a chaotic, disorganized life. When I allow myself to be regular, to attend to the dailiness of a life's work, I create a work space within me for soul. Pursuing any one goal can get tedious and monotonous. Working through setbacks and frustrations can make me want to give up, to stop pushing, to abandon my mission. But it is by staying with it that I develop ego strength. It is in learning to tolerate small failures and frustrations that I build psychological and emotional muscle. This strength translates itself into an ability to handle the intensity of soul. Soul is a paradox, both exquisitely simple and maddeningly complex. It is necessary for me to develop strength of character in order to meet the inner challenges of a life aware of soul and spirit.
I will stay focused and committed to a life's work.


Don't change horses in midstream.
Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment