Monday 23 September 2013

Meditation from “Language of Letting Go”

September 22- Meditation from “Language of Letting Go”

Earlier in this book, I talked about how little drops of rain, over the years, could wear pockets and indentations into stones. I used this as an analogy to demonstrate how nega­tive influences could wear away our resolve.
 
It goes both ways.
 
When I first was in recovery, one of the treatment center staff gave me one good quality about myself when I couldn’t see or find anything about myself to like.
 
“You’re persistent,” he said.
 
“Yes,” I thought. “You’re right. I am.”
 
I also thought if I took one-half the energy I used doing destructive things and channeled it into doing positive activi­ties, there wouldn’t be anything in the world I couldn’t do.
 
Most of us are persistent. We persistently dwell. We have persistently tried to change what we cannot, usually a cir­cumstance or someone else’s behavior. Take that energy, that persistence, that determination, that almost obsessive resolve, and persevere with the things you can do.
 
Don’t push.
 
Let go of concern about the seemingly impossible tasks in your life. Softly, steadily, like the rain, let your kind spirit nat­urally remove the obstacles in your path.
 
Life is better when we flow.
 
But sometimes it takes a persistent flow to change the things we can.
 
Enough water, persistently applied, can be more powerful than
rock.
 
God, grant me the courage to persevere and the strength to persist.

No comments:

Post a Comment